The George Building, level 1, Hawthorn Campus
What is the Tax Help Program
If you need help lodging your tax return, you may be eligible for the Tax Help program.
Tax Help is a group of ATO-trained student volunteers who provide free and confidential service to help students complete their tax returns online using myTax.
Tax Help is available from August to October at Swinburne Hawthorn Campus, Monday to Friday 10am-12pm and 1pm-3pm.
You are eligible for Tax Help if your income is around $60,000 or less for the income year and you did not:
work as a contractor, (a contract cleaner or taxi driver)
run a business, including as a sole trader
have partnership or trust matters
sell shares or an investment property
own a rental property
have capital gains tax (CGT)
receive distributions from a trust, other than a managed fund
receive foreign income, other than a foreign pension or annuity
• Volunteers can help you lodge your tax return or amendment online or claim a refund of franking credits.
• If our volunteers work out that you don’t need to lodge a tax return, they can help you complete a non-lodgment advice.
Book an appointment
• Click here to send an online booking request
• Phone 03 9214-5445
• Visit reception located (34 Wakefield Street, George Building)
• Click here for the information that you would need to bring with you to an appointment